May 2012 Archives
May 31, 2012
May 30, 2012
May 24, 2012
May 23, 2012
1 lb. any type pasta - I like bowties, but other shapes are just as good
4-6 cups veggies, chopped - try broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers etc.
For the dressing:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup white or red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, chives, tarragon etc. or use dried
Cook the pasta according to the directions. Veggies like broccoli can be added to the cooking water during the last few minutes to blanch them.
Drain the pasta and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Combine all veggies and pasta in a large bowl.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad. Toss to coat.
Tiffany King writes the blog, Eat at Home She shares easy recipes as well as printable menus with complete grocery lists. There are over two years' worth of menus available for free. She focuses on common and frugal ingredients to make meals that are family friendly and quick to fix. Tiffany is also the author of Feast in 15, an eBook of 15 minute meals.
May 21, 2012
May 18, 2012
May 17, 2012
May 16, 2012
May 14, 2012
May 11, 2012
May 10, 2012
May 9, 2012
So let's talk Spring 2012, shall we? I could go on for days about my love affair with neons and pastels this year, but I'll spare you and cut right to the chase. My internal trendometer was beeping off the charts a few months ago when I spotted what I knew was going to be huge for Spring 2012. Clutches. Of course they've been around forever, but they've taken a surprising turn this spring and have popped up in just about every apparel and accessory store in every color imaginable. So, I would be totally remiss if I didn't bring you the low down on how to score some fabulous clutches at amazing prices via Ebates' cash back incentives.
- Mossimo Black Clutch- $12.99. I know you don't normally think of black as a spring color, but trust me. You want to have a black clutch thrown in with your staples. You'll use it on date night or when you want to go for a more understated (but ever trendy) look.
- Xhilaration® Pink Clutch- $12.99. Nothing says hello spring like a cute pink clutch. If you want to try some color blocking match this with dark skinnies, green flats, white top and voila! Chic on the cheap!
- Green ASOS Metal Bar Detail Envelope Clutch-$32.72
- Nude Faux Snake Skin ASOS Slot Through Envelope Clutch- $36.36
- Multi Colored ASOS Metal Bar Detail Envelope Clutch-$32.72
- Turquoise ASOS Slot Through Portfolio Clutch $36.36
Lisa, also known as DimePieceonaDime, is a new blogger with
May 8, 2012
May 7, 2012
May 4, 2012
May 3, 2012
May 2, 2012
May 1, 2012
May 1st is National Pajama Day & Bedhead Pajamas wants to celebrate in style by offering Ebates customers either 15% off all orders with promo code EBATES15 or Free Shipping with promo code EBATESFS...just in time for Mother's Day! Make bedtime even more special with these adorable Mommy & Me slumber sets.
Here's your chance to win a $100 Gift Card from Bedhead Pajamas- just leave us a comment sharing your sweetest dream! This contest will be open through May 8th. Good luck, everyone!